Calendar Approval Problem

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
enoch100

Calendar Approval Problem

Post by enoch100 »

I am a stake website administrator. When I select approve for a new calendar, it doesn't go through and approve.
kyleq

Post by kyleq »

enoch100 wrote:I am a stake website administrator. When I select approve for a new calendar, it doesn't go through and approve.
This may be related to the following thread:
https://tech.lds.org/forum/showthread.p ... e-Calendar

We are working on the issue and will post updates when we can.
jdcr256
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jdcr256 »

Yes, this is certainly being caused by the same issue. See this post:

https://tech.lds.org/forum/showthread.p ... #post80848

Follow that thread for updates.
njallen648

Post by njallen648 »

I am an assistant stake clerk. I've been able to approve new calendars in the past. However, I have five pending that I cannot approve. When I click the Approve link, they disappear from the pending list but do not get added to the active list. If I exit the calendar and then come back in, the five show up again in the pending section needing approval. I see there was a similar problem back in March that was supposedly resolved. It appears to be back.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

njallen648 wrote:I am an assistant stake clerk. I've been able to approve new calendars in the past. However, I have five pending that I cannot approve. When I click the Approve link, they disappear from the pending list but do not get added to the active list. If I exit the calendar and then come back in, the five show up again in the pending section needing approval. I see there was a similar problem back in March that was supposedly resolved. It appears to be back.
I don't think that what you are experiencing is related to the problem originally posted in this thread, which was indeed fixed several months ago.

Instead, this sounds very similar to the problem(s) that appeared in the last month or so as reported in Deleting calendars and Cannot change calendar status to Inactive; both those threads deal with the Calendars page under Settings, and exhibit similar behavior where actions first seem to happen on the page, but upon refresh or revisiting the page, it becomes apparent that the action did not really happen.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
yzermaneely

Stake Calendar Approval Won't Work

Post by yzermaneely »

njallen648 wrote:I am an assistant stake clerk. I've been able to approve new calendars in the past. However, I have five pending that I cannot approve. When I click the Approve link, they disappear from the pending list but do not get added to the active list. If I exit the calendar and then come back in, the five show up again in the pending section needing approval. I see there was a similar problem back in March that was supposedly resolved. It appears to be back.
I'm a Ward Young Men President. I also have Spanish Branch youth in my organization. So in order to communicate with families in both units I need stake calendars. I asked for three stake calendars to be approved a few weeks ago, the assistant stake clerk approved them, and they work well. I have found a need for two more calendars. The assistant stake clerk keeps approving them. I keep getting e-mails that say they are approved. But they are still in the queue awaiting approval. Our Young Women President is having the same issue.

Return to “Calendar”