CDOL is out of sync with MLS

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
sasgrw

CDOL is out of sync with MLS

Post by sasgrw »

I added a 'Website Administrator' on Sunday (standard calling name) so that the individual can enter new events on the ward calendar. However, their calling is not showing up on CDOL or leader.lds.org so they still don't have access to edit calendars.

I did a send/receive several times on Sunday after the calling was entered into MLS.

The 'technology' category doesn't show up on CDOL but does show up on leader.lds.org, although it shows the calling as 'Calling Vacant'.

There are some other out of sync things too. Both CDOL and leader show us having two YW secretaries but MLS only shows one.

Do I need to force a refresh/reload (or whatever it's called) of CDOL from MLS data? I don't want to download CDOL to MLS because it's not correct.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

sasgrw wrote:Do I need to force a refresh/reload (or whatever it's called) of CDOL from MLS data? I don't want to download CDOL to MLS because it's not correct.

You can only go one way, asking CDOL to overwrite MLS data. Then, with everything synchronized, update MLS and watch that the changes are accepted by CDOL.

If there are a number of errors in MLS, you might wish to request a Unit Data Refresh and work from there. Before you do, make sure you are operating at MLS 3.5 or greater.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

sasgrw wrote:Do I need to force a refresh/reload (or whatever it's called) of CDOL from MLS data?

The only way to "force" a refresh that direction is to make some sort of change to the MLS calling (the simplest one is to change the "Set Apart" flag) and then do a transmission. If a calling didn't get sent from MLS to CDOL previously, that might just make the transmission happen.
sasgrw wrote:I don't want to download CDOL to MLS because it's not correct.

In my experience, having a calling missing in CDOL won't cause it to disappear from MLS, if that's what you're concerned about.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
sasgrw

Post by sasgrw »

I did try the 'set apart' flag on Sunday. For the individual in question and for others.

I'm not sure what else is out of sync, that's what I'm afraid of. If I have CDOL overwrite MLS, then the two YW secretaries that are on CDOL will suddenly appear in MLS. How will I know where to check for problems? The YW secretary is just one I happened to see.

It sounds like I need to print a list of all callings from MLS and from CDOL and hand compare them to find the differences.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

I think you'll find this post by Ryan Jones, CDOL developer, will shed some light on the issue. There is also another post he made that I have not been able to find that says there have been problems with MLS updates reaching CDOL on Sundays that may be part of the server load issue. He recommended trying to do the changing of the set apart flag solution on a less busy day of the week such as Wednesday.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
sasgrw

Post by sasgrw »

jdlessley wrote:I think you'll find this post by Ryan Jones, CDOL developer, will shed some light on the issue.

We have MLS 3.5.1 but it looks like the sync Ryan mentions didn't happen. Not sure when "pushed out soon" will be or if we'll know it happened. It sounds like I should wait until next week before refreshing my MLS with CDOL data in case the issue gets resolved on its own.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”