Organizations not showing up on LDS.ORG or ldstools App

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
jonejam2

Organizations not showing up on LDS.ORG or ldstools App

Post by jonejam2 »

We have a new ward and I have entered all of the callings in MLS, but the callings are not showing up on LDS.ORG or on the LDSTools app for Ipads. I am not the only one in the ward that cannot see the callings.

Specifically, in LDS.ORG/Leader I am logged in as the ward clerk. I have all the other tools. I go to organization and pull any of them up (other than Bishopric) and none of them are populated. I know they are in MLS because I put them there. I have done a send/receive multiple times in mls.

On LDSTools app, Primary doesn't show up at all as an organization but the others do. The other org's show the callings as well.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
jonejam2
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Do the callings show up in CDOL? That's the first step. MLS syncs with CDOL. From there it goes to the directory and LDS Tools.

Are you on MLS 3.5? There were some changes made such that older versions may not sync properly.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jonejam2

Post by jonejam2 »

Thank you. Some positions show up in CDOL and others do not. For example, in CDOL, I have a cub scout leader and nursery leader, but no Primary Presidency. Same with Sunday School Presidency doesn't show up but a few callings do. For some reason, MLS is not properly updating CDOL. I am on the new version rolled out a couple of weeks ago (3.5) but it wasn't working under the old version before the rollout either. I was hoping the new roll-out would solve the problem. I appreciate any help you all can provide.
Thanks
Jonejam2
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

You might try Correcting duplicate or missing callings. Note that just because you've upgraded to MLS 3.5 doesn't mean that everything will suddenly fall into sync. Just that from here on, the new actions should sync.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jonejam2

Missing Callings

Post by jonejam2 »

We are a NEW ward. I waited to input callings for after the upgrade to 3.5. We are only putting in standard callings.

All callings show up in MLS and a send/receive has been done multiple times.
The organizations most affected are Primary & Sunday School
In MLS - I have all of the Primary & Sunday School Presidencies in standard callings and set apart.
In CDOL - None of the SS Presidency show up only 2 of the 25 callings or so show up.
In CDOL - ALL of the Primary Presidency Show up, but many of the other callings are missing
In LDS.ORG/Leader/Organization/Primary - Presidency shows up but everything else is missing.
In LDS.ORG/Leader/Organization/Sunday School - Completely empty

I don't have my IPAD Apps with me right now so I'm not sure where that stands, but the LDS.ORG and CDOL are all goofed up. Any thoughts?

Thanks
Jonejam2
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

There have been problems with the MLS to CDOL sync so some things haven't made it up. We are working on figuring out what is causing it. It seems to mainly happen on Sunday when the load is heaviest :(. To get the callings you have in MLS up to CDOL you can change something about them (set apart flag is easiest) and save it. Then change it back. That should send the calling up to CDOL again. If you are doing it on a weekday you should see the changes in CDOL in about 5 minutes or less.
jonejam2

Post by jonejam2 »

Thank you - I will give that a try tonight and see what happens.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”