Add 2nd phone number in membership directory

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
jeanmoore

Add 2nd phone number in membership directory

Post by jeanmoore »

Is there a provision for adding a second phone number for an individual in the ward/stake membership directory?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

jeanmoore wrote:Is there a provision for adding a second phone number for an individual in the ward/stake membership directory?
No. There can be one phone number for the household, and one for each individual within the household. That's all that is stored with the membership record, and thus all that can be displayed in the directory.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

It's true that there's only one phone field, but ..... I wonder ....
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

RussellHltn wrote:It's true that there's only one phone field, but ..... I wonder ....
Well, that's rather cryptic. Care to share with us what you're wondering?
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Last I knew the phone number field wasn't formatted. Would it allow fitting in multiple numbers?

I can't say as I recommend the procedure, but just wondering. I tried it, but not sure about my results.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

RussellHltn wrote:Last I knew the phone number field wasn't formatted. Would it allow fitting in multiple numbers?

I can't say as I recommend the procedure, but just wondering. I tried it, but not sure about my results.
It would most likely break any mobile apps or other applications that try to dial numbers based on the data found in that field. I would strongly discourage attempting to misuse a phone number field in that way.
jla59

Post by jla59 »

RussellHltn wrote:Last I knew the phone number field wasn't formatted. Would it allow fitting in multiple numbers?

Our clerks in my unit did input multiple numbers in one field(in MLS, don't know if input is checked differently on lds.org); been almost two years ago. It doesn't check for formatting but there is a max number of characters; which caused them to leave off area codes. I've backed out all those entries since becoming membership clerk.
lisaan
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by lisaan »

You're correct. That field isn't formatted but if you put more than a standard formatted phone number in it, it'll make a mess.
QA Engineer

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”