Printed Checks listed as "Not Printed"

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
jhardy355

Printed Checks listed as "Not Printed"

Post by jhardy355 »

Sometimes when checks have been entered and then some other MLS operation is performed and then the checks are printed later, the checks print out OK but the View/Update Expense window list them as "Not Printed". I assume these checks are also not transmitted. Should I just print them again on blank paper to fix the problem?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

A key indicator that checks are properly processed and transmitted is the transmission report. Where you prompted to print a transmission report? And if you were prompted, did the checks appear on that report?
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

You may also wish to close the Finance tabs and reopen them. Sometimes they do not update, even though an action has been taken, but if you close and then reopen them, the information will have refreshed.
jhardy355

Post by jhardy355 »

jdlessley wrote:A key indicator that checks are properly processed and transmitted is the transmission report. Where you prompted to print a transmission report? And if you were prompted, did the checks appear on that report?

There was no transmission report. No indication that the check information was sent. I finally just reprinted the checks on blank paper. After that the information was transmitted and I got a transmission report like normal.

On the first time they were printed there was the checks report page printed out with the signature lines for clerk and bishop, but the checks were not listed on the report.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

This behavior sounds like a bug. Is there anyone else who has experienced this?

Edit: I need to add that I have performed other tasks in MLS while leaving the Enter Expenses window (all steps to include print checks tab and the report tab) open in MLS versions 3.4.3 and earlier and never encountered any problems. I have not done so with MLS versions 3.5 or 3.5.1.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
Gary_Miller

Post by Gary_Miller »

Could be that the popup box that asked if the check printed correctly marked "NO" which would mark the checks as not printed. If you need to do something else in MLS while entering expenses, instead of closing the window just select from the drop down menus above and you can simply come back to the check area with no problem.
jhardy355

Post by jhardy355 »

Gary_Miller wrote:Could be that the popup box that asked if the check printed correctly marked "NO" which would mark the checks as not printed. If you need to do something else in MLS while entering expenses, instead of closing the window just select from the drop down menus above and you can simply come back to the check area with no problem.

That Printed Correctly box was always ansered with a "Yes", so it couldn't be that, unless you are suggesting the SW bug is in that pop-up.
But like I said it only seems to happen when after entering some expenses, leaving the entering expenses window open while doing something else in MLS, and then coming back to the entering expenses window to start printing checks. Perhaps I will try doing it again on purpose a few times to see how reproducible it is. So far it has happened on three separate occaisions. At the moment we are running the newest 3.51 software version.

Return to “Local Unit Finance”