On-line Directory Name display

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
jaa6

On-line Directory Name display

Post by jaa6 »

The last name of some of our Ward Members (YSA Ward) that is displayed in the on-line directory is different than the membership record. What is needed to correct the displayed information?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

Contact the ward clerk and have him check the records in MLS. Have him check not only the name of record but also the preferred name. The preferred name is what is displayed in the directory. If there is no preferred name then the name of record is displayed.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
rontilby

Post by rontilby »

MLS also stores a "Household Name" for each household. I don't know whether that field is used on LDS.ORG. The Ward Clerk should make sure that ALL of the name fields have appropriate values.
lilimarlene

Spouse with Different Last Name

Post by lilimarlene »

My last name is different from my husband's last name. I am listed in his household and I show up on the directory with his last name. When my last name is searched in the Filter Results field, it does not come up. I do not want to be listed as having my husband's last name. I do want my name to be searchable on the database. The person in my ward in charge of the online directory does not know how to fix this. Please help.
lilimarlene

Post by lilimarlene »

My last name is different from my husband's last name. I am listed in his household and I show up on the directory with his last name. When my last name is searched in the Filter Results field, it does not come up. I do not want to be listed as having my husband's last name. I do want my name to be searchable on the database. The person in my ward in charge of the online directory does not know how to fix this. Please help.
kisaac
Community Moderators

Post by kisaac »

lilimarlene wrote:My last name is different from my husband's last name. I am listed in his household and I show up on the directory with his last name. When my last name is searched in the Filter Results field, it does not come up. I do not want to be listed as having my husband's last name. I do want my name to be searchable on the database. The person in my ward in charge of the online directory does not know how to fix this. Please help.
Welcome to the forum! I know you must be frustrated.
Your question may take a program update to change your issue with correctly displaying two last names for one household. See this thread for a similar discussion of your topic: Family with multiple last names

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”