Can't upload photos - WIN 7, IE9, 64 bit

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
ksroberts

Can't upload photos - WIN 7, IE9, 64 bit

Post by ksroberts »

Clicking the "Add a Photo" link brings up an empty box without visible contents or the ability to upload.

I have had similar issues with the Scouting software (Great Salt Lake Council).

Without backtracking to an earlier OS or another browser, is there an easy fix.

System:
  • Windows 7, 64 bit
  • IE9, 64 bit
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

ksroberts wrote:Without backtracking to an earlier OS or another browser, is there an easy fix.
Are you using compatibility mode in IE9? Make sure compatibility mode is off for LDS.org.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

You might try IE9, 32 bit. (My machine came with both installed.) I seem to recall the 64 bit version doesn't work all that well - and that's on a whole, not just lds.org.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
rpyne

Post by rpyne »

Or even better, install Chrome. It has worked through all of the updates when IE and Firefox have both had times when they wouldn't upload photos.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

rpyne wrote:Or even better, install Chrome.
He's look for a solution that does not involve using another browser.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
ksroberts

Post by ksroberts »

I checked the compatibility settings. LDS.org was not listed among those. To be sure, I removed all from the compatibiltiy settings, closed and reopened my browser. Same problem. I do have a continual circle (hourglass), so the system pretends to be working, and I also tried the 32-bit version.

So... nothing serious. I was hoping for a quick fix, but I can use another browser or XP mode if needed. Even better, I have an excuse to provide Ward leadership for not uploading our family pictures.
kentbarker

chrome worked for me

Post by kentbarker »

I have win 7 64 bit and I could not upload pictures, I got a box with the acceptance policy, but the bottom of the box that you have to click on to continue is missing.

I downloaded Google Chrome and that worked fine, so I could upload my pictures.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”