Baby Blessing Date Search

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
brentlacey

Baby Blessing Date Search

Post by brentlacey »

How do I view the baby blessing date for a member that has occurred, and was recorded, in the past? Thanks!
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Was it done in your ward? Because I don't think that date is part of the church's record of a individual. It's lost when the record moves to a new unit.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
brentlacey

Post by brentlacey »

Yes...it was done in our current ward.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Based on my playing around with the test install of MLS, I don't think the blessing date is stored. It's only used to print the certificate.

Note that blessings are not a saving ordinance. The more important question is has the child's record been created.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
falcon771

Post by falcon771 »

A certificate should have been printed. The form filled out prior to the blessing should be on file in the clerk's office. Failing those, the parents may remember or someone took a picture or something to recreate the date.

Return to “Membership Help”