New curriculum Streaming Video

Discussions about Internet service providers (ISPs), the Meetinghouse Firewall, wired and wireless networking, usage, management, and support of Meetinghouse Internet
harddrive

New curriculum Streaming Video

Post by harddrive »

I was talking with a bishop in one of the ward in the stake. He did the mandatory training for the new curriculum for 2013. He had about 50 people in a room.

He told them about the streaming video and that when a "lot" of people tried to view the video they got buffering and choppy video play. I haven't tried the streaming video at the chapel with a "lot" of users.

He also informed me that when the stake president showed a video, he got the same buffering issue. I haven't done a lot of research on this, but will need to.

I have a few questions.
  1. Does the video need to download to the browser like it does with Youtube to play or does it stream constantly?
  2. How much bandwidth does each stream need?
The two buildings this happened in had high speed Internet. One is with ComCast and the other is on Verizon FIOS at 15D/5U. So each place should have plenty of bandwidth, so I don't believe that is the issue, but could be.

I would like to know others experience so far with this and what they have heard.

Thank you for helping me understand what is going on.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

I would suggest you start with this thread:
https://tech.lds.org/forum/showthread.p ... in-classes

Return to “Meetinghouse Internet”