Stake Patriarch not on an IOS

Discuss where to obtain or how to fill out specific reports or forms.
JamesRowley

Stake Patriarch not on an IOS

Post by JamesRowley »

One of our Stake Patriarchs was at tithing settlement today, and he was given his IOS to check for errors, and he noticed that it didn't have him ordained to the office of Patriarch. He was ordained in 2005.

Each and every year he points this out to the Ward Clerk, and for some reason it doesn't get fixed. The current ward clerk (new as of 6 weeks ago) wants to get this fixed ASAP.

I double checked on CDOL, and it lists him as Patriarch of our stake, and lists the correct unit number, just not sure why this is not listed on his IOS.

Do I call SLC, or is this something the Ward Clerk can fix, or something I, as the Stake Clerk can fix in MLS? :confused:
johnshaw

Post by johnshaw »

I don't see that Patriarch is listed in the IOS or our Patriarchs, neither is the ordination to Bishop recorded on the record.
“A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom.”
― Thomas Paine, Common Sense
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

Although a person is ordained to the office of patriarch or bishop, it doesn't change the priesthood office of high priest. The ordination is recorded at CHQ, but doesn't appear on the actual membership record or IOS. See the thread Ordination to the office of Patriarch for further information.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.

Return to “Reports and Forms”