Family is visible on lds.org/leader but not in MLS

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
psnarula

Family is visible on lds.org/leader but not in MLS

Post by psnarula »

Last Sunday I used the online tool to request the membership records for a family that just moved into the ward. As usual, they were instantly transferred to my unit but this family still has not showed up in MLS. I am able to view all of their information online but not in MLS. Separately, I requested another family's records from the online tool a few minutes after the first family. Those were also instantly transferred to my unit and they showed up in MLS about 30 minutes later. Now it has been a week and the first family still is not in MLS. Do I need to do a unit data refresh?
Gary_Miller

Post by Gary_Miller »

I would do a request through MLS.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

psnarula wrote:Do I need to do a unit data refresh?

That sounds like a good plan.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
psnarula

Post by psnarula »

What does this actually do? Is it going to cause any problems in stake MLS?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

psnarula wrote:What does this actually do? Is it going to cause any problems in stake MLS?
A ward doing a unit data refresh will have absolutely no impact on stake MLS. It simply makes sure that the ward's MLS data matches the membership/calling data on Church systems. Stake MLS gets its data from those same systems, not from ward MLS. So stake MLS can't possibly be affected.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”