Administrators

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
slcnano

Administrators

Post by slcnano »

Hi,

I cannot update my list of Administrators in the website(calendars).
the following I found in the calendarhowtoguide.pdf page xxiv:

Add or Remove Administrators
1. Go to Settings > Administrators.
2. To remove an administrator, click the X at the end of the row of
the administrator you want to remove.

It seems too easy, except that I don't see the X at the end of the row to remove the person that is been released.

I made the changes in MLS, I am using firefox. I tried also chrome and IE with the same results.

Am I missing something? Please help.

Thanks.

Fernando
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

There has been an issue reported in this thread related to difficulties in removing administrators. However your issue appears to be different.

Default administrators cannot be deleted. Individuals listed as default admins will not have an X to delete them. There are five columns of data for the Calendar Administrator List. The titles of those columns are Individual, Calling, Added, Unit, and [untitled]. It is in the fifth column, [untitled], you should see the X to delete. Default administrators will show "(Default Admin)" in that column.

Are you saying you do not see the X in the fifth column and the individual is not a default admin?
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Is this person "Added" "By Calling"? If so, you cannot delete them from inside the calendar app. You have to release them in MLS and sync it.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
slcnano

Post by slcnano »

jdlessley wrote:There has been an issue reported in this thread related to difficulties in removing administrators. However your issue appears to be different.

Default administrators cannot be deleted. Individuals listed as default admins will not have an X to delete them. There are five columns of data for the Calendar Administrator List. The titles of those columns are Individual, Calling, Added, Unit, and [untitled]. It is in the fifth column, [untitled], you should see the X to delete. Default administrators will show "(Default Admin)" in that column.

Are you saying you do not see the X in the fifth column and the individual is not a default admin?
That is right, I see the five columns and all my administrator are admin by default, but I don't see the x mark.
slcnano

Post by slcnano »

thanks for your response. Yes, all my administrators are "By calling".
If an Administrator would be added "by name" then I would be able to remove them from the website?
Thanks again for your help.

Fernando
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

slcnano wrote:thanks for your response. Yes, all my administrators are "By calling".
If an Administrator would be added "by name" then I would be able to remove them from the website?
You can remove the "by Names". You can probably remove the "By Calling" if it was added and not by default.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

slcnano wrote:That is right, I see the five columns and all my administrator are admin by default, but I don't see the x mark.
Default administrators don't have the x mark because they cannot be deleted. The only way to change which particular people are default administrators is to give them the correct standard calling in MLS -- there's nothing you can do in the Calendar to change who is a default administrator.

The only administrators that can be deleted are those you add manually (either by calling or by name). If you haven't added added any administrators manually, you won't see any rows with an x mark.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
slcnano

Post by slcnano »

RussellHltn wrote:You can remove the "by Names". You can probably remove the "By Calling" if it was added and not by default.

thank you.
slcnano

Post by slcnano »

thank you.

Return to “Calendar”