'Members without Callings' shows different results in MLS compared to clerk resources

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
sasgrw

'Members without Callings' shows different results in MLS compared to clerk resources

Post by sasgrw »

A member of our ward was called as a branch president for a Spanish branch in our Stake. His record, and his family's records, are still in our ward. (His family still attends our ward.) His calling was recorded (happened back in September) I presume in the stake MLS. If I look at the online directory and cdol, he shows up as the branch president. That's good.

If I look at his record in our ward MLS, the calling is not listed, so he shows up on the 'Members without Callings' list.

If I look at Leader Resources > Organizations > Members without Callings, he does *not* show up.

In a way, at least that's consistent. No calling in MLS so he's on M w/o C. Calling in CDOL so he's not on M w/o C.

But it'd be nice to have it correct in both places. If I look at our stake patriarch (a member of our ward) or the seminary teachers from our ward, they all have their stake callings noted on their MLS record (text color is black, unlike regular ward callings which are blue [and clickable]).

Shouldn't the branch president calling show up as a stake calling?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

sasgrw wrote:Shouldn't the branch president calling show up as a stake calling?
Except that it's recorded as part of another ward. It seems only stake callings sync with MLS. It would be nice if callings in other units synced back - but they don't.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
sasgrw

Post by sasgrw »

RussellHltn wrote:It seems only stake callings sync with MLS.

Is that why Leader Resources > Organizations > Out of Unit Callings can show him as being the branch president but MLS can't show it?

To keep him off the 'members w/o callings' list, do I have to make up a custom calling ('branch president in another unit') and assign it to him?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

sasgrw wrote:Is that why Leader Resources > Organizations > Out of Unit Callings can show him as being the branch president but MLS can't show it?
That seems to be what's stated here.

sasgrw wrote:To keep him off the 'members w/o callings' list, do I have to make up a custom calling ('branch president in another unit') and assign it to him?

Sounds like a plan to me. Just like how we did it in the old days before stake callings synced to the local unit.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”