EQ & RS Leadership listings not complete/correct

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
ASimo

EQ & RS Leadership listings not complete/correct

Post by ASimo »

I am having problems seeing the full listing of group presidencies on both MLS and lds.org. I can see the Elders Quorum President and Secretary listed, but the two counselors show up below in the section of "Other Callings" where the quorum instructors and HT supervisors are listed. The top section for the presidency shows the 1st and 2nd counselor positions are vacant--which they are not. The names are correct, the placement is incorrect.

I have the same problem with Relief Society, in that I can see only the 1st counselor listed in the top section, and the President, 2nd counselor and secretary positions are listed as vacant--even though they are actually filled. Those sisters in the missing positions are listed down below among the "other callings" along with all the board members, VT supervisors, instructors, etc. Again, correct names, wrong location.

Each of these issues began to be noticed about mid-October while I was spending more time at home assisting my wife who was recovering following surgery. The listings were displayed correctly prior to that time, but have been wrong ever since. I was not able to be at the church computer as often, or for as long at a time, during Sept. & Oct. and now the issue persists.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

This sounds like the issue reported in this thread. You may want to contact LUS for assistance.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

I'd recommend that you hold off on contacting LUS. As reported in this post, a more general fix is on its way. It was transmitted to our stake MLS last night, so I'm guessing it is now available for all wards.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

asimo, the job ran for your ward early this morning and it looks like it fixed the problem. Let me know if you are still seeing issues.

The job looks like it has about 2 hours left to finish all wards, but that means that almost everyone is done.
ASimo

Post by ASimo »

Wow, this is amazing. Who would have believed that little ol' me would get such personal responses--and ones that fixed the problem for me?! Thank you all. Having only been in the calling about six months I still have a lot to learn. Not the least of which is where to get the help I need. So, thank you so much.

As I looked to see that the issue is resolved, I noticed one other small issue which is not specifically related. But for some reason I am showing two Priest Quorums for our ward. Quorum #2 only shows the Bishop as the leader of the quorum, but no members or other leaders listed. As far as I can tell, quorum #1 is accurate and contains ALL the priests in the ward. This is another issue that started showing up about the time the other things did. Do I simply need to delete the quorum #2 somehow? Or is it always going to be there from now on?

Thanks again.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

asimo wrote:As I looked to see that the issue is resolved, I noticed one other small issue which is not specifically related. But for some reason I am showing two Priest Quorums for our ward. Quorum #2 only shows the Bishop as the leader of the quorum, but no members or other leaders listed. As far as I can tell, quorum #1 is accurate and contains ALL the priests in the ward. This is another issue that started showing up about the time the other things did. Do I simply need to delete the quorum #2 somehow? Or is it always going to be there from now on?

Thanks again.
You should be able to see both priest quorums in MLS and combine them there. If you can't see them you will need to request a unit data refresh first. See Correcting duplicate or missing callings for more details.

You may need to move the positions to the same quorum first, so that they don't just get released.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

asimo wrote:Wow, this is amazing. Who would have believed that little ol' me would get such personal responses--and ones that fixed the problem for me?!
You had good timing in asking the question. ;) The fix was in progress when you asked.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”