Moving mass memberships after a realignment.

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
petersboro

Moving mass memberships after a realignment.

Post by petersboro »

We now have approval to realign our district. I have taken the only training regarding geocodes and boundary proposals. Our District President opted to not use the MLS boundary proposal tools. I would still like to create geocodes and move all of the members to there new branches.
We are on MLS version 3.5. In the wiki I have read the directions in the Move households to another ward after a boundary realignment. I am not able to follow them. In my MLS there is no Move menu, Ward/Branch field, or Stake/District field. Maybe it's bcause we are in Japan or maybe the instructions in the wiki are outdated or don't apply anymore.
Any suggestions?
johnshaw

Post by johnshaw »

If you are a District Clerk, the move function is only availabe on a Ward/Branch MLS... not sure if that applies to you or not, but just wanted to be sure.

What I've typically done is supplied each ward or branch clerk with the names to 'move out', and their new unit name and number - and then asked them to completed it on the same day.
“A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom.”
― Thomas Paine, Common Sense
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

petersboro wrote:In my MLS there is no Move menu, Ward/Branch field, or Stake/District field.
JohnShaw is correct. Records can be moved out of a branch only from the branch MLS. This cannot be done from the district MLS. The clerks in the branches will need a list of households (identified by head of household) to be moved to another branch along with the branch name and unit number. You can help them further by giving them the wiki instructions to do the move.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “Membership Help”