Elder's Quorum President - Report Access?

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Member Tools Application.
seansmith

Elder's Quorum President - Report Access?

Post by seansmith »

I was recently called as the Elder's Quorum President in our ward. Is this position permitted access to the reports function on LDS Tools?
kirtkennedy

Post by kirtkennedy »

At this time only the Bishop, Councilors, Exec Sec, and Ward Clerk have access to the "Reports" tool. Others will be added in the future as I understand.
mnickel

Post by mnickel »

Any idea when this will be available to others? At a minimum, I would like to be able to see a list of all of the Elders, as you can on LDS Tools online.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

No. The developers rarely tell us in advance.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
nreid

Re: Elder's Quorum President - Report Access?

Post by nreid »

As a newly called HPGL, I also look forward to the potential of access to reports from my iPhone.

Would augment the usefulness I already have with LDS Tools when out at nights visiting members.

Many thanks-

Neil Reid
High Priests Group Leader
Dallas 4th Ward
Richardson, Texas Stake
mkwilton

Post by mkwilton »

Over a year later and still no love for the EQPs. I am dying to get some basic reporting. As mentioned by mnickel, even just a list of the elders would be nice (not to mention elders without callings, recent move-ins, a little HT history, etc.).

I've got all the love in the world for the devs providing these great tools to us, but this kind of stuff is LONG overdue. But I guess since I'm an EQP, I'm biased.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

mkwilton wrote:Over a year later and still no love for the EQPs.
On the contrary, there is a lot of love for EQPs -- they provide wonderful service. There's just no access to reports on LDS.org for them. :)
mkwilton wrote:this kind of stuff is LONG overdue. But I guess since I'm an EQP, I'm biased.
I can see how from your perspective it feels like it is overdue. But the fact remains that the Church has limited development resources, and the Priesthood Department has to prioritize the work that gets done. I'm sure that access for priesthood and auxiliary leaders will come at some point, but we don't know when that will be and we'll just have to be patient until then.
benjamincarleski

Post by benjamincarleski »

It also isn't certain that anyone in a position to advocate this kind or change in priority would be reading the tech forums. Certainly new ideas are generated here and employees at the church see and often respond to them, but this one has come up many times and so probably has been raised internally multiple times. It might be worthwhile though to ask your stake president to take it up with the area presidency. If there are enough people requesting this through the priesthood channels that make this kind of decision, it might indicate to the Priesthood Department that this is an idea whose time has come.

Return to “iPhone/iPad Member Tools App”