viewing financial data in offline copy of MLS 3.5

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
mpolder

viewing financial data in offline copy of MLS 3.5

Post by mpolder »

Due to the size of our stake our stake presidency only meets at the stake center once a month; other weeks we meet in closer buildings. As a result I make updates to MLS (as stake clerk) once a month or when our assistant clerk is at the stake center. I then keep a copy of the backup file and use it to Restore from File on a copy of MLS I keep on my laptop. Obviously Send and Receive is not attempted from this laptop copy of MLS, but membership and financial records, reports, etc. are able to be reviewed during our other meetings away from the stake center.

With MLS 3.5 I am no longer able to review financial information on the laptop copy, as I get the "need setup file" error. As I am unable to Send/Receive with the laptop copy, it appears I can't utilize reviewing financial records other than with the stake copy of MLS. Is there a workaround for this problem?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

mpolder wrote:I then keep a copy of the backup file and use it to Restore from File on a copy of MLS I keep on my laptop.
You might want to read the Policies and Guidelines For Computers Used by Clerks for Church Record Keeping. It prohibits placing live data on anything but a church admin computer.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”