too many emails from calendars.

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
jsamuelson

too many emails from calendars.

Post by jsamuelson »

I get hundreds of emails whenever anyone adds or changes an even on a ward or stake calendar. it's very frustrating. i tried to disable email notifications, but it won't let me change my settings.
Screen shot 2012-11-28 at 4.07.56 PM.jpg
(110 KiB) Downloaded 22 times
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

jsamuelson wrote:i tried to disable email notifications, but it won't let me change my settings.

How did you try to disable email notifications? There are a couple of ways:
  • Go to Settings (the gear icon) > Options, and uncheck the box labeled "Allow email reminders for calendar events." That will disable all email reminders.
  • Go to Settings > Subscriptions, and uncheck the box labeled "Allow email reminders for this calendar" by each calendar you no longer wish to receive email reminders for. Remember to look at both the Ward Calendars and Stake Calendars tabs.
Have you tried either (or both of these options)? If so, what happened when you tried them? Did you get an error message, or was the check box invisible or disabled? Or did something else happen?
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.

Return to “Calendar”