'export households' is missing some addresses

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
sasgrw

'export households' is missing some addresses

Post by sasgrw »

I'm using 'export households' to generate mailing labels. I have a dozen families whose address is blank in the downloaded spreadsheet/csv (Column E, "Family Address"). However, if I click on those families in the directory, their address is displayed.

I sorted the CSV by column E so all the blank addresses would be grouped together but I don't see any kind of pattern in the remaining columns that would cause these families to be blank:
  • Some have family phones, some don't.
  • Some have family emails, some don't.
  • Some have kids, some don't.
  • Some are active, some aren't (although MLS doesn't know this)
  • Some have local area code phone numbers, some don't
  • All are married, some have a spouse phone and/or email, some don't
RegionCapture.jpg
(99.9 KiB) Downloaded 62 times
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

Are you an administrator? If you are then you may want to check the visibility settings for the household's address.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
sasgrw

Post by sasgrw »

Doh! Didn't even think about that. When I export the families, if I check the 'include private members', all the addresses are listed.

If I'm viewing the directory, the address shows up (because I'm a ward clerk?). I have to click on the Edit tab to see that the address is set to private. Otherwise there's not visual indication that I shouldn't see the address.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

sasgrw wrote:If I'm viewing the directory, the address shows up (because I'm a ward clerk?).
Administrators (bishop, bishopric counselors, executive secretary, clerk, assistant clerk and membership clerk) see all the data for a household. That is both a benefit and a negative. The negative is you do not see how regular members see the Directory. I have to borrow my wife's sign on every once in a while to see the differences. But for the most part I have figured out what the differences are.

I use the edit feature to quickly check the visibility settings when I am unsure of how any data will be displayed.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”