can't upload a picture to tech.lds.org/forum to include in posting

Having a problem with the Forum? Or feedback about the forum? This is the place.
sasgrw

can't upload a picture to tech.lds.org/forum to include in posting

Post by sasgrw »

I've never had a problem with this before but now it doesn't work. If I'm posting a new thread (or replying to an existing one), if I click on the 'insert image' button or 'attachments' button, after selecting my file(s) and clicking on 'upload files', the file displays with a red exclamation circle next to it and the upload fails. I would include a screenshot of the error, but I can't upload the picture...

I tried it on Firefox, IE, Safari, and Chrome, just to make sure I didn't have a browser or cookie issue. They all fail.

I tried a JPG and GIF file, some with blanks embedded in the name and others with just simple names.

The files themselves are under 100KB each.

(...later that afternoon...)

My last comment, #11, mentions a workaround so I'm adding my original picture to my first post.
upload.jpg
upload.jpg (75.2 KiB) Viewed 1359 times
Attachments
upload.jpg
upload.jpg (80.13 KiB) Viewed 1362 times
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

What area? Some sections have disabled adding attachments.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
sasgrw

Post by sasgrw »

https://tech.lds.org/forum/forumdisplay ... -Directory

I was trying to post a problem with the directory and wanted to include a picture.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

I have run into this problem for a couple of months now. I can only get an image into the post by using the Attachments icon (file upload manager) available only in the Go Advanced screen. I get an "undefined" upload error when I try to use the Insert Image icon.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Are you able to get it to work now? I gave it a try and it failed.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
sasgrw

Post by sasgrw »

jdlessley wrote:I can only get an image into the post by using the Attachments icon (file upload manager) available only in the Go Advanced screen. I get an "undefined" upload error when I try to use the Insert Image icon.

I think I mentioned in my original post that I tried both the image icon and the attachment icon. Neither of them work. If I reply to a thread, I have to use 'go advanced' to get the attachment icon but if I post a new thread, you get the 'go advanced' window by default.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

sasgrw wrote:I think I mentioned in my original post that I tried both the image icon and the attachment icon. Neither of them work.
I tried it in Firefox and Chrome when I made post #4 and using the attachment icon work fine for me in both the browsers. I didn't save the post with the image imbedded but I did view the post with the image in it using the Preview feature.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
sasgrw

Post by sasgrw »

jdlessley wrote:I tried it in Firefox and Chrome when I made post #4 and using the attachment icon work fine for me in both the browsers. I didn't save the post with the image imbedded but I did view the post with the image in it using the Preview feature.

So the attachment icon works for you but the image icon does not?

Is that just from replying to a post or does it work for posting a new thread too?

Neither icon is working for me, whether in reply or post new, in any browser.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

sasgrw wrote:So the attachment icon works for you but the image icon does not?
That is correct for a reply post, but not a new thread post.
sasgrw wrote:Is that just from replying to a post or does it work for posting a new thread too?
I just tested it for a new thread and I was unable to upload any image. I even tried saving the new thread post and then editing it but I could not get an image uploaded.
JD Lessley
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

Well now I am not able to do it even for a reply post. It seems to be intermittent and unpredictable.
JD Lessley

Return to “Help with this forum”