syncing the calendar

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
briankimgeurts

syncing the calendar

Post by briankimgeurts »

I have tried syncing the calendar to google calendar and ical, with google I always get an error, with ical, it appears to sync, but nothing appears on the calendar as in the help video. Not sure what I am doing wrong.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Newer URLs don't seem to work in Google for some reason.

There is a throttle on the requests. After each use of the URL, you have to wait 9 minutes before you can use it again. That's probably the issue with your iCal.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
allred1

sync error

Post by allred1 »

I can not sync the Church calendar with my Google calendar using URL I followed all the steps. Keep getting error message.
swstratton

sync with google

Post by swstratton »

Also unable to sync, previous URL worked until mid November. Generated new URL and attempted to add new calendar to no avail. Any guesstimate on fix?
ashakesp

Post by ashakesp »

Is there a fix forthcoming for the google sync problem?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Some day. No estimate for the fix.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
sdeery

Post by sdeery »

Bummer. I'll be waiting anxiously for the fix until it comes. I just got called to be the Exec. Secretary and have been trying to figure out a good calendar system and I thought this would be perfect until I discovered it wasn't working.
RussellHltn wrote:Some day. No estimate for the fix.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Note: You should be able to manually download the iCal file in your browser and then load it into Google. The problem seems to be that Google can't fetch the URL directly for some reason.

Gary_Miller

Post by Gary_Miller »

RussellHltn wrote:Note: You should be able to manually download the iCal file in your browser and then load it into Google. The problem seems to be that Google can't fetch the URL directly for some reason.
How do you do this?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Take the sync URL and paste it into your browser. It should cause a file to download. (Remember the 9 minute throttle. If you don't wait long enough from the last request, you'll get nothing.)

The go to the Google Calendar page and import it.

Return to “Calendar”