Problems Creating an event

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
guerreiro5220

Problems Creating an event

Post by guerreiro5220 »

I am a building scheduler. I have no problems creating reservations, but when i try to make those reservations into events, my event is not being created. What is the best way to create events, not just reservations?
Gary_Miller

Post by Gary_Miller »

Even though you are the building scheduler you do no the rights to create events unless you are assigned as a calendar editor. Even then you can only be assigned as a calendar editor for the unit you live in. A review of the calendar helps will give you more incite on the different roles and responsibilities in the calendar.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Just to expand a bit on Gary's post. Being a building scheduler doesn't automatically give you rights to edit any calendar. That can be done, but it's a separate step. And the only ward calendar you can be editor if is your own ward. (But you can also be made a editor of stake calendars as well.)

Bottom line, the old method of a "building scheduler" doing the bulk of the calendering is going away. You may still have a role for some organizations and/or private events, but there's no way to do it for multiple wards.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Calendar”