URL Hierarchy for Unit Websites.

Share discussions around the Classic Local Unit Website (LUWS).
dakwegmo-p40

URL Hierarchy for Unit Websites.

Post by dakwegmo-p40 »

I'd like to see the unit website URLs structured in a more logical hierarchy than is currently in use. Right now it seems that there is no easy way to find information about a unit unless you've previously been given a link.

Ideally, the URL structure would take the format of UNIT.STAKE.lds.org, or a similar logical breakdown. I this would make it easier for members visiting a new area, or moving to a new area to get an idea of what's going on and at least be able to find a meeting house nearby.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

If you know the name of the unit, it's not hard to find using the existing search feature. What I think would be majorly cool is to use the new mapping that is being considered for LUWS to allow you to use a map to click on a unit by it's boundaries. (Although how that would work for Student, Singles and Language wards could be a bit problematic.)
thedqs
Community Moderators

Post by thedqs »

Actually for singles, student, and language wards you just have to do another color or be able to select what type of ward you are looking for as you go through the map.
- David
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

thedqs wrote:Actually for singles, student, and language wards you just have to do another color or be able to select what type of ward you are looking for as you go through the map.
Problem solved. :D
greenwoodkl

Post by greenwoodkl »

I do agree about the friendly URLs - something like www.lds.org /units/SomeArea/SomeStakeMissionOrDistrict/SomeWardOrBranch, whatever hierarchy is flexible enough for the growth of the Church. :) I do believe going after lds.org would be more aesthetically pleasing than constant subdomains before lds.org.

Return to “Classic Ward & Stake Sites (LUWS)”