Cannot sign in using Android

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
roryok

Cannot sign in using Android

Post by roryok »

I have an Android tablet with v. 4 installed. When I am in the chapel I can view the Church website and navigate through it with no problems.

However, if I try to sign in to my LDS account I am then not able to do this. It just hangs. I have tried this with all the Church approved browsers. Nevertheless, if I find a non-Church WiFi hotspot or even my home's WiFi I sign in without any trouble.

The good people at the telephone support centre, whilst they are not able to support tablets have been very kind in trying to see if there are problems with our wireless setup in the chapel. No luck there: all seems to be working correctly.

Has anyone experienced this problem and is there a solution, please?

Thanks for any help.

Roderick
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

When you say it hangs, where does it hang? Can you get to the sign in page, or does it hang before that?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
roryok

Post by roryok »

First I need to clarify that I am located in the UK.

I use three browsers to see if I strike lucky: Firefox, Chrome and Dolphin. I get mixed results: most times it hangs before the sign in dialog box appears. If I'm lucky to get past that stage - which does happen on the rare occasion - then it hangs when I hit the Submit button.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

You may want to talk to your STS to see what kind of network has been set up. I don't think there's a problem with the "church standard" but many meetinghouses have customized network. I was wondering if there was a problem with https. That would affect your ability to log in.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
roryok

Post by roryok »

Thanks for your help. I'll try the STS and see what he can do after reading your comments.

Return to “Church Account”