New Bishop

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
wongrichardgavien1

New Bishop

Post by wongrichardgavien1 »

I've just recently been sustained as the new bishop of my ward. I've noticed that changes have not been updated at the Ward Web site to reflect the changes in ward callings. Realizing all this is "going away" in 5 weeks, but wanting to make sure we, I in particular, have access as an administrator, will the Church membership automatically make changes to administrators as they become newly sustained leaders within their jurisdiction? I understand this may take a few weeks, but the former bishop (moved) is still getting mailings from Headquarters. So am I now, which is encouraging, but how can I be installed as an "administrator?" No one in the ward seems to know who that person is, including the former bishop! Can we get a "default" setting and start all over?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

wongrichardgavien1 wrote:how can I be installed as an "administrator?" No one in the ward seems to know who that person is, including the former bishop! Can we get a "default" setting and start all over?

You seem to be speaking of the Classic Local Unit Web Site. Administrators are assigned manually by name. A current ward administrator could assign you, if you can identify one.

There should be at least one stake administrator. Try the stake clerk or stake executive secretary. They often got the call. Whoever the stake administrator is, he can add you as a ward administrator.

The Classic LUWS is updated manually and does receive any calling information from other sources.

Your stake administrator also has the option to turn off the Classic Local Unit Web Site (for the entire stake), causing everyone to be forwarded to the new LDS.org site.
lisaan
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by lisaan »

If you are on the classic web site you should be aware that it is going away at the end of this year (2012) and that you should move to the new calendar system on http://www.lds.org/church-calendar
QA Engineer
TinMan

Post by TinMan »

If you are now in the CDoL as the bishop of the ward that should stop mailings from Church HQ. However, I have been bishop for over two years and the old bishop still gets off the wall mailings from places that he delivers to me. I assume about the time that stops, it will be time to release me. :)

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”