Conflicting event information wrong

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
craiggsmith

Conflicting event information wrong

Post by craiggsmith »

I tried to schedule an event, and it had a conflict with another event. When I clicked Show Conflicts and it shows the contact info of the person who created the other event, sometimes it displays the wrong email address -- it displays the email address of one of the High Council members over calendaring instead of the address of the person who created the event. The name is always fine, and it's not consistent. I've checked everything multiple times; in the event itself the email address is fine. Very strange.
Craig
South Jordan, UT
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

When an event is edited it displays the contact information for the person who last edited it as the point of contact. It is possible the high council member is the one who edited the event last.

Are you saying the event displays the last person who edited the event with their correct e-mail address yet the conflict information displays the e-mail address of someone other than the person who edited the event last?
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
craiggsmith

Post by craiggsmith »

Yes, the email address displayed in the conflict information is not the email address of the person who edited the event. That person's name (and I think phone number) are displayed correctly there. Sometimes it displays the correct email address as well, but usually not.
Craig
South Jordan, UT
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Is it displayed that way when you look at the details of the event?

By any chance is the HC member the building scheduler for that location?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
craiggsmith

Post by craiggsmith »

In the event details it displays fine.

No, he is not set up as a scheduler, just a stake administrator. At one point I may have had set him up as a scheduler, but removed him because it was in the days before you good designate a primary scheduler.
Craig
South Jordan, UT

Return to “Calendar”