Cannot add out-of-unit members as stake YSA advisers.

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
burtonevets

Cannot add out-of-unit members as stake YSA advisers.

Post by burtonevets »

I need to add out-of-unit members as stake YSA advisers, but in 3.4.3 MLS it will only show members of our YSA stake plus one bishop when I choose "all members" from the office dropdown menu in the select candidate window--the rest of the out-of-unit members aren't even listed. I do not have this problem adding out-of-unit members as stake high councilors, stake Relief Society presidency members, or to the various stake family history callings. Is there a solution for this issue?
burtonevets

Still cannot add out-of-unit members as stake YSA advisers.

Post by burtonevets »

We're now on 3.5 MLS, but still no change. Interestingly enough, if I give up and try to add the stake out-of-unit members as stake SA (instead of YSA) advisers, I still cannot select them from the list when I choose "all members" from the office dropdown menu in the select candidate window (all that shows up are members of our YSA stake plus a bishop or two plus a ward out-of-unit member), but I can select them when I choose "single adults", whether or not I attached them to their spouse when they were added as out-of-unit members. Apparently the "all members" filter is messed up because it excludes nearly all out-of-unit members, and the "young single adult" filter excludes everyone over age 30, so I can only find my out-of-unit members by using the "single adult" filter, which only appears with the SA callings and not the YSA callings. This workaround is technically inaccurate, but at least it gets them into the stake directory. Any idea when a fix may come out?

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”