TEM installation for XP

Discussions around the setup, operation, replacement, and disposal of clerk computers, not to include using MLS
simonawright

TEM installation for XP

Post by simonawright »

The instructions are that the TEM software should be on all MLS computers and you can check this by looking at the services on the PC for BES client.

I have seen that BES client isn't on the computer and have tried to download the TEM software. It downloads and then asks if I want to install it, I say yes and then I get the following error: The following updates were not installed - TinyTem_MLS.exe

The computer is running windows XP

What am I doing wrong??
JamesAnderson

Post by JamesAnderson »

I had no problems, not even the error message, when I had to force the install on a PC running Windows XP Service Pack 3 about two weeks ago. It was an older Dell or HP, can't remember which.

The icon, however, did not show in the system tray until about the second or third time that we turned that machine on. It's there now.
rolandc

Post by rolandc »

1st. go to clerksupport.lds.org Sign in with your lds login then go to applications and download the TEM Installer.

2nd. Run it.

The tinytem that you have been trying to install is from windows update and never worked for me.
Roland
simonawright

Post by simonawright »

rolandc wrote:1st. go to clerksupport.lds.org Sign in with your lds login then go to applications and download the TEM Installer.

2nd. Run it.

That is what I did :confused: This is why I am puzzled it didn't work....
rolandc

Post by rolandc »

I have had a couple do that, so I just re-imaged the hard drive and restored MLS.
sometimes there is just something leftover that blocks it.

If the file is truly named TinyTem_MLS.exe its not the current or correct file.

Piece of cake. oh wait to much desert today. Sorry
Roland
craiggsmith

Post by craiggsmith »

I had this happen for almost every machine in my stake and had to work with top-level support. TinyTem_mls.exe is fine. You need to manually edit the registry. Do a search for "Tivoli Endpoint Manager Client". You will probably find some values for "RemovedProductName" or "UninstallString". Delete those keys and try again. Don't delete the ones for the Remote Control piece.

They are going to update the installer to look for and remove those entries.
Craig
South Jordan, UT
rontilby

Post by rontilby »

The TEM Install file is now named TEM_ClerkPC.exe

Return to “Clerk Computers”