Organization menu disabled until organization synchronization file has been recieved

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
kmangum

Organization menu disabled until organization synchronization file has been recieved

Post by kmangum »

I'm not sure how to get this fixed. I'm able to access membership records and record financial transtactions but an unable to view callings and organizational data. I get the following when clicking on any fields in the organization section. "All Organization menus and functions have been temporarily disabled until an organization synchronization file has been created and recieved from Church headquarters. With the exception of home and visiting teaching, you may continue to use other MLS functions. Please click "Send/Receive Changes" in approximately 30 minutes for MLS to recieve and process the file" ... click OK.

Problem is that I've done send and recieve about 20 times over the past two weeks and that doesn't seem to work.

I can't find a helpdesk number to call to get this fixed.

Any ideas or help would be appreciated.

Thanks.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

Contact local unit support (LUS). There are phone numbers at that link.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
mnmpeterson

Post by mnmpeterson »

I saw this same problem on our stake MLS yesterday. Guess I'll have to go in Tuesday or Thrusday when the support desk is open late unless someone has instructions for fixing it myself.
mfmohlma

Post by mfmohlma »

mnmpeterson wrote:Guess I'll have to go in Tuesday or Thrusday when the support desk is open late unless someone has instructions for fixing it myself.
You could also try starting with an email to MLS support. The fix may be able to be staged and be ready for your next send/receive at the church.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

CDOL had issues this weekend processing requests from MLS. That has been resolved and this weekend's requests are processing as we speak.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

JonesRK wrote:CDOL had issues this weekend processing requests from MLS. That has been resolved and this weekend's requests are processing as we speak.
Has the processing of those requests completed? I entered a calling on Sunday that still isn't showing up. And just to be sure, yesterday afternoon I changed the set apart flag on that calling and transmitted again. But now 20 hours later I'm still not seeing that calling on the Directory or CDOL.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

aebrown wrote:Has the processing of those requests completed? I entered a calling on Sunday that still isn't showing up. And just to be sure, yesterday afternoon I changed the set apart flag on that calling and transmitted again. But now 20 hours later I'm still not seeing that calling on the Directory or CDOL.
Yes the process has completed.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

aebrown wrote:Has the processing of those requests completed? I entered a calling on Sunday that still isn't showing up. And just to be sure, yesterday afternoon I changed the set apart flag on that calling and transmitted again. But now 20 hours later I'm still not seeing that calling on the Directory or CDOL.
I'm not sure what happened the first time, but I ran your file again to see what the error was and it worked. That's the good and bad news. Your position is now there, but I don't know what happened the first time to determine if it was a real problem :(.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

JonesRK wrote:I'm not sure what happened the first time, but I ran your file again to see what the error was and it worked. That's the good and bad news. Your position is now there, but I don't know what happened the first time to determine if it was a real problem :(.
Well, I'm grateful for the good news -- indeed that new position is there. Thanks for your help with this!

But the bad news leaves me with an unsettled concern about how many other units might be in the same situation.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
cboudreaux

Having the same problem...Have sent email thru MLS regarding the issue

Post by cboudreaux »

kmangum wrote:I'm not sure how to get this fixed. I'm able to access membership records and record financial transtactions but an unable to view callings and organizational data. I get the following when clicking on any fields in the organization section. "All Organization menus and functions have been temporarily disabled until an organization synchronization file has been created and recieved from Church headquarters.

I sent email through the MLS regarding this issue over two weeks ago, no answer. My Finance data is working. I just wish the Tech Support Gurus would pass some information out to the field, that they are having issues church wide--or sporatic.... Communication...
FoxRun Ward/Pensacola Stake

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”