Can't print MLS finance statements

Discussions around the setup, operation, replacement, and disposal of clerk computers, not to include using MLS
simonawright

Can't print MLS finance statements

Post by simonawright »

I am not able to print the finance statements or finance audits from MLS, printing expenses and any other reports work fine.

This is the error I am getting:
Exception javax.print.PrintException:java.awt.print.PrinterException: The specified printer has been deleted

I have tried reinstalling the printer drivers and java and that hasn't had any effect.

Any ideas would be appreciated.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

MLS does not use the system Java installation of the JRE (Java Runtime Environment). MLS installs its own JRE. Doing a complete install of MLS on top of the current installation will fix any missing or corrupt files. Download and install MLS from the applications download page of LDS.org. You must sign in to download the installer.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
simonawright

Post by simonawright »

Hi

I tried installing MLS on top of the current setup and I still have the same problem, do I need to un-install MLS and then re-install it?

Thanks
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

When you go to print, do you have the ability to select the printer before the error message comes up? If so, can you select a printer that works? I believe that MLS "remembers" the last printer and does not always default to the Windows Default printer.

If that doesn't do it, I'd suggest calling Local Unit Support.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

RussellHltn wrote: I believe that MLS "remembers" the last printer and does not always default to the Windows Default printer.

We're talking about the MLS feature for printing finance statements here. That's totally different from the regular MLS printing. There's no memory of the last printer used in the finance statement printing feature.

This was discussed in the thread Cannot print church unit financial statements and work around. Other forms problems..
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Looks like that contains some things to try before calling LUS.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Clerk Computers”