Web-CDOL Directories Do Not Update to Match MLS

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
jamespnash

Web-CDOL Directories Do Not Update to Match MLS

Post by jamespnash »

I have deleted several custom positions in MLS which persist in online directories. Seems they are latched and I can't make them go away. Some organizational changes in MLS to do not correlate in online directories, e.g., Single Adult Rep in MLS appears as Men's Athletic Director online.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

jamespnash wrote:I have deleted several custom positions in MLS which persist in online directories. Seems they are latched and I can't make them go away. Some organizational changes in MLS to do not correlate in online directories, e.g., Single Adult Rep in MLS appears as Men's Athletic Director online.
If you deleted them just this weekend then they may still go away. We had some issues with the CDOL/MLS position sync process. It is back up and running now, still trying to get through all the weekend's changes.
jamespnash

Position Sync Process

Post by jamespnash »

I deleted the positions 2 months ago, and have performed regular updates to MLS as positions change. There are a number of positions/individuals that are not synced correctly to our MLS, even as of this posting.

Is there a way to clear our units data in the Church directory/CDOL and refresh it?

I also have an individual record in MLS that shows the member in a position that is not also shown in the organizations/calling section of MLS....and I can't get it to delete. It was a customized position that has since been deleted.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

Jim Nash
Ward Clerk
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

2 months ago you probably weren't on MLS 3.5. It appears things got out of sync during that time period when the backend was being setup for 3.5 but it had not been rolled out yet.

I think the only tool you have at this point is to follow the Correcting duplicate or missing callings procedure.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

jamespnash wrote: Is there a way to clear our units data in the Church directory/CDOL and refresh it?
No. Currently the only option is the other way around. You can request a unit data refresh and it clears your MLS positions and replaces them with what is in CDOL. Hopefully then you can clean up anything you need to.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”