Calling Categories

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
brcall

Calling Categories

Post by brcall »

I enter callings in what seems like a logical way in MLS using as many built-in callings as I can, BUT when I go to view callings by organization in the leader resources it is a mess. How can I set up MLS so that lds.org is actually useful?

There are a bunch of categories, but the one that is causing me to raise an eyebrow right now is the Ward Mission. In MLS I have a Mission Leader and bunch of "Missionary - Ward" in "Other Callings" because that is the only place I have been able to find the built-in callings. When I take a look on Leader Resources the Ward Missionaries section is all "vacant callings" but "Missionary-Ward" callings are divided among three separate "Other Calling" categories, one of which has my Ward Mission Leader and another has an Assistant Ward Mission Leader.

After we fix Ward Mission please tell me how to utilize the Family History, Facilities, Employment, Sports and Technology categories.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

You need to fix this in MLS; until you do, what you see in Leader Resources will be a mess.

In MLS, you should be able to go to the Ward Mission section and find the standard callings you are looking for. If you have multiple "Other Callings" sections in Leader Resources, that is an indication that you probably had multiple custom organizations prior to MLS 3.5 (custom organizations no longer exist in MLS 3.5). Many callings that were in custom organizations prior to 3.5 will now appear in Other Callings.

The new organizations (which you are referring to as "categories") should work just like all the other standard organizations (e.g., the new Family History organization works just like the long-standing Bishopric organization). When you click the "Add Position" link when you are viewing any organization you will see the standard callings associated with that organization.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
brcall

Post by brcall »

Thanks for the response. I think I'll start by checking the version of MLS on my ward's computer and updating it if necessary. Then I'll see what I can do to straighten the callings out.

Thanks again.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”