New Copier Warranty

Discussions about setup, operation, and maintenance of these devices in meetinghouses other than a FHC
dstorry

New Copier Warranty

Post by dstorry »

Can anyone tell me are the new copiers on a service contract (if so for how long)
Or are they on a standard one year manufacturer warranty then up to copier contact number to handle repairs / replacement?

Dave
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

I don't know exactly how long the warranty is, but that doesn't really matter. All service requests are handled the same way regardless of how old the copier is, as described in the FAQ How should copier service issues be resolved?.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
johnshaw

Post by johnshaw »

I spent some time digging into this after being told that a ward would need to go without a copier for several months because there was no budget to replace the copier which had gone out of warranty and no longer functioned.

One other note about the warranty is that the Church contracts do not allow a copier that is out-of-warranty to be repaired.

Typically, through the policy definitions, as the Copier Administration put it to me, FM purchases a new copier with an extended warranty for a total of 3 years, and succeeding years after 3, they budget and purchase additional 1 year warranties for 2 additional years. In the 5th year they budget to have a replacement copier.

However, in practice, I've not known an FM group (I deal with 2 of them now) to put this into practice. Each year, both of my FM groups 'hope and pray' that a copier doesn't go bad, and if it does, it comes out of limited funds and generally means something else doesn't get done. I am sitting on 6 copiers in my stake in their 7th year and as we brought it up this year to schedule replacements, we were told they were used until they no longer functioned.
dsj500

Post by dsj500 »

Church owned copiers, found in Meetinghouse Libraries, have a five year service contract. These copiers are replaced every five years, as per our FM Mgr.
Note: Service contract does not cover replacement toner or smart drums.
johnshaw

Post by johnshaw »

dsj500 wrote:Church owned copiers, found in Meetinghouse Libraries, have a five year service contract. These copiers are replaced every five years, as per our FM Mgr.
Note: Service contract does not cover replacement toner or smart drums.
Per our FMG these copiers are replaced only after they DIE. Following the FMG or Copier program is optional or interpreted differently in our FMG. Why do you suppose that is?
“A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom.”
― Thomas Paine, Common Sense
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

JohnShaw wrote:Per our FMG these copiers are replaced only after they DIE.

Thanks for sharing your experience. It's helpful to hear how these policies are implemented and communicated in different places.
JohnShaw wrote:Following the FMG or Copier program is optional or interpreted differently in our FMG. Why do you suppose that is?
That's a topic for a different thread. This thread is simply about copier warranties -- let's keep it that way.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.

Return to “Printers, Copiers, and Multi-Function Devices”