Reports slow

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
craiggsmith

Reports slow

Post by craiggsmith »

A clerk is reporting that reports are taking a very long time to run as of the past week or two. Anyone else experiencing this?
Craig
South Jordan, UT
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

craiggsmith wrote:A clerk is reporting that reports are taking a very long time to run as of the past week or two. Anyone else experiencing this?
What does "reports" mean? Most reports in MLS are available in a matter of seconds. Are we talking financial or membership? Any particular reports? Is it the time to generate (display) the report, or printing?
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
craiggsmith

Post by craiggsmith »

They specifically mentioned a custom report, I think membership. And the time to generate/display. Yes, it usually just takes a second or two, now it's taking around 10 minutes. I was thinking the database might be corrupted, but not sure.
Craig
South Jordan, UT
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

You may want to use the MLS backup and then restore. That forces MLS to rebuild its indexes.

But first I'd check the windows logs for any sign of disk failure. A bad drive can really slow a system down as it struggles to recover the data.

Assuming the drive is healthy, a defrag would not be a bad idea.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
craiggsmith

Post by craiggsmith »

Thanks, yes, I was thinking of doing a backup and restore but I'll check the logs. This is a fairly new machine but I'll check the fragmentation as well. Thanks again.
Craig
South Jordan, UT

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”