Filtering or importing specific items from one calendar to another

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
jnielse1

Filtering or importing specific items from one calendar to another

Post by jnielse1 »

is there a way to filter out items you don't want cluttering your calendar, without filtering out the whole calendar? For example, we have our Stake Calendar, and our Ward Calendar. We want to print/view it so we can see most Stake Events in addition to the Ward Calendar. However, there are several Stake items not all of our ward council needs to see (like High Council PPI's, etc), and we would like to hide those from the view, while keeping more universal items (like Stake Conference, Firesides, etc.). We would simply export the calendar to another view and remove the unwanted items, but we can only export to PDF, as opposed to Excel, so we cannot edit the file.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

jnielse1 wrote:is there a way to filter out items you don't want cluttering your calendar, without filtering out the whole calendar?
No.
jnielse1 wrote:For example, we have our Stake Calendar, and our Ward Calendar. We want to print/view it so we can see most Stake Events in addition to the Ward Calendar. However, there are several Stake items not all of our ward council needs to see (like High Council PPI's, etc), and we would like to hide those from the view, while keeping more universal items (like Stake Conference, Firesides, etc.).
You might want to talk to the people handling the calendar to ask for some events to be moved to a different calendar. That would be the cleanest. The problem with exporting, filtering and importing is that if anything is changed with the original event, you may not find out about it.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
Gary_Miller

Post by Gary_Miller »

I sync into my goggle calendar on my computer but not my tablet, then I copy the events that pertain to me to my own calendar. That way when I sync to my tablet see only the events that pertain to me, my tablet calendar is my primary calendar. Like Russel says the problem is if an event gets changed I may not have the current information. I hope that makes sense.

Return to “Calendar”