Error: "Sorry, the data service has failed. Please contact support."

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
smconvey

Error: "Sorry, the data service has failed. Please contact support."

Post by smconvey »

Recently, I added some additional wards as "Units using this location" to our stake center building. When the building scheduler tried to edit existing reservations to change the "Reserved for:" location, she got the following message:

"Sorry, the data service has failed. Please contact support."

We waited a day and she tried again with the same results. She waited a few more days and still gets the same results. Please advise.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

smconvey wrote:Please advise.

The message says "Please contact support." That is sound advice. I doubt that you can do anything from a user perspective; the data service is failing when it shouldn't fail, and that's a problem on the server.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
smconvey

Post by smconvey »

aebrown wrote:The message says "Please contact support." That is sound advice.
I thought posting here is contacting support.

According to the help link in the Calendar:

For help with the calendar, you can use the LDSTech Forum to ask questions, raise concerns, or look for information. To access the forum, click the LDSTech Calendar Forum link in the lower-right corner of any page of the online help. Sign in with your LDS Account to post a new thread.

So this is the only support that I am aware of. Is there another way to contact support?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

smconvey wrote:So this is the only support that I am aware of. Is there another way to contact support?

For clerks, there is the option to contact Local Unit Support. This problem seems to be caused by bad data, which can only be fixed by someone at CHQ.

It's also possible that a member of the development team will see this thread, which would be even better, but you can't be certain that any particular post will be seen by them.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
smconvey

Post by smconvey »

aebrown wrote:For clerks, there is the option to contact Local Unit Support.
Thanks for the link. I just reported this via email.
craiggsmith

Post by craiggsmith »

I get this issue as well on other tasks; I don't think it's a data thing (meaning it's probably not bad data, but it may be the inability to get the data it needs).
Craig
South Jordan, UT
dshep2020

Post by dshep2020 »

I get this error message when I attempt to update recurring "reservation" items on the reservation calendar.

Return to “Calendar”