MLS update to 3.5

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
jedwards7

MLS update to 3.5

Post by jedwards7 »

After updating to 3.5 i keep getting a message saying files have been disabled and files need to be sent from headquarters. Wait 30 minutes and send and recieve. I have done this several times and still no change. It has been a week now.
What should I do?
tbarnesiv

Post by tbarnesiv »

Having the same issue here as well. It says "The MLS finance functionality is temporarily unavailable until a file is received from Church headquarters. This event has been scheduled by Church headquarters, and no action is required on the part of the unit. You may continue to use other areas of MLS. A file will be sent from Church headquarters that will enable all functionality once again. Please do a Send/Receive to obtain this file."

We have clicked on 'Send/Receive Changes' and no file is being downloaded. I think a file downloaded earlier today, but nothing has been updated and we are still locked out. Anyone have any suggestions?
jeffsnoy

Post by jeffsnoy »

I am having the same problem in Parker, CO with the stake and one unit computer. We have waited much longer than 30 minutes and we can not do anything with our organizations.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

Sometimes it takes longer than 30 minutes. Ours took an hour for one and 90 minutes for the other. Try again on Monday and if you do not receive the files, call Local Unit Support. They will stage them for you, or otherwise help you troubleshoot the problem.
Gary_Miller

Post by Gary_Miller »

Make sure you did the step of exiting MLS all together, not just logging out. Its an important step which you may have missed. You can review the release notes here at this link MLS Release Notifications
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

CDOL had issues this weekend processing requests from MLS. That has been resolved and this weekend's requests are processing as we speak. When these are done your organizations should be unlocked.
johnshaw

Post by johnshaw »

JonesRK wrote:CDOL had issues this weekend processing requests from MLS. That has been resolved and this weekend's requests are processing as we speak. When these are done your organizations should be unlocked.
There ya go... that explains a few phone calls and some frustrations....

It is sooooo helpful when these boards are used well... my experience is that very few do, but JonesRK you and Kurt Olsen stand out - I think you 'get it' how can we spread that among the groups more?
“A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom.”
― Thomas Paine, Common Sense

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”