Hard Drive Died and and No MLS Backup

Discussions around the setup, operation, replacement, and disposal of clerk computers, not to include using MLS
hansensv

Hard Drive Died and and No MLS Backup

Post by hansensv »

I'm having trouble getting in touch with the MLS support folks so I'm turning to the collective wisdom/experience of this forum.

One of the wards in my stake had a PC tip over and the hard drive was damaged to the point where it won't even spin up any more.

They had been only backing up to the hard drive itself so there are no external backups.

On Sunday the clerk synced up with the Church so we believe the church has all the data.

Is it possible to restore the MLS data from the church? If so, is there anything special I should know?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

hansensv wrote:I'm having trouble getting in touch with the MLS support folks so I'm turning to the collective wisdom/experience of this forum.
Is it possible to restore the MLS data from the church? If so, is there anything special I should know?

Yes, it is possible to restore the MLS data from backups the Church has captured. Those backups are captured once per month, so some of your restored data could be up to a month old. But the good news is that calling information is synced to CDOL and financial information is synced to CUBS, so for most of your data, there are very current backups. Once you've restored the backup from CHQ, your next transmissions will sync the financial and calling information and get you back up to date.

But you will need to contact Local Unit Support in order to get the backup they captured.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.

Return to “Clerk Computers”