"Featured Article" feature not working

Discussions about the Newsletter Tool at LDS.org.
hollywelch

"Featured Article" feature not working

Post by hollywelch »

When the newsletter tool first became available for use we posted articles and chose a few to be the featured article for that organization. In recent months we have tried to change that and designate a newer article as the featured article. We can't seem to disable the featured article button on the older ones or enable the featured article on a newer one. Any thoughts?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

hollywelch wrote:When the newsletter tool first became available for use we posted articles and chose a few to be the featured article for that organization. In recent months we have tried to change that and designate a newer article as the featured article. We can't seem to disable the featured article button on the older ones or enable the featured article on a newer one. Any thoughts?
I just tested this on Firefox 16 and had no problems. I could select a new article in a category to be the featured article, or could deselect an article as the featured article.

When you say that you "can't seem to disable the featured article button on the older ones or enable the featured article on a newer one," what do you mean? What happens when you try to check or uncheck that box?
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
hollywelch

Post by hollywelch »

aebrown wrote:When you say that you "can't seem to disable the featured article button on the older ones or enable the featured article on a newer one," what do you mean? What happens when you try to check or uncheck that box?
I mean there is no box to mark. When I set it up originally there was a box which I checked, now there isn't one. I'm using Chrome, I'll try with Firefox...
hollywelch

Post by hollywelch »

It seems to be working now on both firefox and chrome. It wasn't working a few weeks ago when I tried to demo it in ward council. Sorry for waisting your time.

Return to “Newsletter”