Notebooks - please change

Any discussions around the Gospel Library App on various mobile and electronic devices.
gscoville

Notebooks - please change

Post by gscoville »

I find the of notebooks in the desktop Gospel Library version the most helpful item. I organize all my annotations around those folders. However, it is difficult to find things since it is organized by time rather than alphabetical. Can you all the ability to sort Notebooks alphabetically?

But with the recent Android 2.3 upgrade, I still don't see Notebooks. I read that you've intentionally left Notebooks off the mobile versions. If Notebooks don't sync with mobile, they are not useful.

Without Notebooks, the only thing that is useful to organizing annotations and finding material by topic is Tags which is ok, but quite limiting.

Therefore, I'm requesting two functions:
1. allow Notebooks to sort alphabetically
2. sync Notebooks on the mobile versions

Thanks for the great work on all this and considering my suggestions.
thaimike

Agreed and seconded

Post by thaimike »

I came on LDSTECH to see if I was just not understanding how to find Notebooks on the mobile version of Gospel Library - Android version. I found this post and want to second the request. The most meaningful way of organizing annotations for future use (either study, printing, or download) is notebooks. You cannot download information simply from Tags. I study on a computer / on a tablet / and on a phone. For obvious reasons, it is very problematic to not be able to use the notebook function on anything other than the computer. Please consider adding this functionality to the mobile version.
jlmontie

Re: Notebooks

Post by jlmontie »

I would also like to add my voice for including notebooks in the Android version of the app. My study centers around the use of notebooks and it would be extremely useful if I could access that same organization on my mobile device. Thanks.
jasonhyer

Re: Notebooks - please change

Post by jasonhyer »

Gospel Library for Android will at some point include functionality to organize annotations similar to that on LDS.org which includes folders.

Please note that the development team may not regularly check the forum for requets and they would be better served sent to the development team directly through the help section of the app.

Also, items specific to a certain platform should be included in that section of the forum. This section is for Gospel Library in general, not for just Gospel Library for Android.
Jason Hyer

Return to “Gospel Library”