Organizations and the Weirdness that is MLS 3.5

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
idjeeper2

Organizations and the Weirdness that is MLS 3.5

Post by idjeeper2 »

I have been going through the callings since we upgraded (which apparently went very smoothly - thanks MLS Team).

I note that the classes in Primary and Sunday School are in their own organizations - i.e. CTR 5 is in the CTR 5 organization, not in Primary. Now there might be a very good reason for this but it totally escapes my small mind. I really would expect a Primary class to be in the Primary organization.

Just occurred to me that this might be an inconsistency in reports. When I print the Callings by Organization, those classes do appear under Primary. The place I found them listed in their own organization is the list of Standard Callings found when one does a Custom Calling Review.

By the way, I now have a Word table of all MLS 3.5 standard callings that I would be happy to provide if it hasn't already been updated in the Wiki. But it does show the oddball organizations I referenced above - easy to fix if needed.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

idjeeper2 wrote:I have been going through the callings since we upgraded (which apparently went very smoothly - thanks MLS Team).

I note that the classes in Primary and Sunday School are in their own organizations - i.e. CTR 5 is in the CTR 5 organization, not in Primary. Now there might be a very good reason for this but it totally escapes my small mind. I really would expect a Primary class to be in the Primary organization.

Just occurred to me that this might be an inconsistency in reports. When I print the Callings by Organization, those classes do appear under Primary. The place I found them listed in their own organization is the list of Standard Callings found when one does a Custom Calling Review.

From what I understand CDOL now handles hierarchical organizations so that CTR 5 is it's own organization but it's also part of the Primary organization. But some of the other tools (including some of MLS and the online directory) do not handle this yet. So I'd expect things to be worked out as they have a chance to make additional enhancements.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”