MLS Graphing Program Update

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
R-Enemy-p40

MLS Graphing Program Update

Post by R-Enemy-p40 »

I just released a new version. You can get it here.

Thanks for those testing this out. Hopefully you'll find the additions useful. I did make a major change by making it work for .NET 2.0, however, I don't have a computer I can test this out on. Can someone who hasn't upgraded to 3.0/3.5 please download it and test it for me.

R-Enemy

Still one big thing on my to do list is to include pie charts. So, this will be coming soon.
R-Enemy-p40

Post by R-Enemy-p40 »

Figured I'd better list the changes on this post too, in case you don't want to click the link above to read the changes:
http://www.whitelawdesigns.com/

version 1.03 (2/26/2008)

Big update: Added single ward support. When importing a single ward file the ward name comes over as "Totals". It also imports the % data too. You can now re-name and change the color on any of the wards and data lines by right-clicking the item. Added single graph mode. This allows you to quickly compare wards. Added data labels on the graph. Added fixed 0 y-axis option to better compare data. Added equal y-axis to better compare data. Added customizable background colors. Added smooth line feature. Added symbol changes for data lines. Now uses line number on imports rather than data name. This will compensate for the name change that happened a few quarters ago. Just import a new quarter first if you want the new name. Otherwise, import and then re-name. Now runs on .NET 2.0 Framework instead of .NET 3.5 Framework.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

R-Enemy wrote:I just released a new version. You can get it here.

Thanks for those testing this out. Hopefully you'll find the additions useful. I did make a major change by making it work for .NET 2.0, however, I don't have a computer I can test this out on. Can someone who hasn't upgraded to 3.0/3.5 please download it and test it for me.

Actually, the previous version worked fine on .NET 2.0, which surprised me since you had mentioned that it required .NET 3.5. I ran it on a machine that only had .NET 2.0 installed -- I was curious what the error message would be. Contrary to my expectations, it ran just fine. I'll check out the new version to make sure that's still the case.

You also might want to take a look at the 25 Feb 2008 Presiding Bishopric letter detailing changes in the quarterly report. It looks like some line numbers have changed on the quarterly report starting in April, so you may need to make some adjustments to your data import routines.
R-Enemy-p40

Post by R-Enemy-p40 »

Thanks for the heads up on the line numbers. I'll look into this. Also, the error I thought that might happen when using .NET 2.0 would've been when checking for updates. If that works fine then I guess we're good. That is interesting though because in Visual Studio it was first set to a target of 3.5 so I assumed it wouldn't work on 2.0. When I changed it to 2.0 I did have to update a few things, but mainly the web stuff to check for updates.

Thanks,
Randy
unixguy

Post by unixguy »

Alan_Brown wrote:You also might want to take a look at the 25 Feb 2008 Presiding Bishopric letter detailing changes in the quarterly report. It looks like some line numbers have changed on the quarterly report starting in April, so you may need to make some adjustments to your data import routines.
Is this letter available online, or can someone give us a brief description of the changes?
marianomarini

Problems with login

Post by marianomarini »

When program starts it show me an ID "Vicenza 1 2" and ask for a password.
Because there are 2 units that share the Pc how can the program distinguish between the two?
Of course any try to login failed!
R-Enemy-p40

Post by R-Enemy-p40 »

Sorry, I have no idea what you're asking. Is it MLS or your network asking for a login? My graphing program doesn't need any login so if you're trying to run it from a network drive and you're being asked for a username and password, it must be for the network login.
marianomarini

Post by marianomarini »

Sorry, you are right. The problem occur with another program that use MLS database.
I posted int the wrong forum, I'll try your graphic program very soon.
Sorry again.Image
frigby-p40

Post by frigby-p40 »

Do you have a link to download your MLS graph program?
opee

Post by opee »

Download page (from a few posts earlier...)

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”