Finance Section Locked and Odd Balances After 3.5 Update

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
jeffnye

Finance Section Locked and Odd Balances After 3.5 Update

Post by jeffnye »

I did a send receive tonight and got the MLS update. It said I needed to restart MLS, so I did. After the restart I tried getting into the Budget Report and it said to do another Send/Receive. I did another send receive and a message came up saying I could now access finances. However, most of the finance options still say I need to do another Send/Receive. I did another Send/Receive and it didn't do anything. I waited about 30 minutes and tried again, still nothing.

One finance section I can still access is the Income/Expense report, but the numbers are all messed up. Every category has two numbers listed and both are in brackets.

For example the Other might have something like [$457.65] [-$563.45] listed where a single number use to be. Any ideas?
dfchamplain

Post by dfchamplain »

We had a similar experience. It took 5 days and 3 telephone calls to LUS before the problem was fixed. I would suggest calling support and having them help you.
jspector

Post by jspector »

We got the update and now we are "waiting" for a file to unlock Finances. We have a number of checks to write and were dead in the water. Do we have any idea when this mysterous file will appear?

Thanks,
jeffnye

Post by jeffnye »

Just a quick update for future reference:

I went back in the next day and did another Send/Receive. MLS downloaded another piece of the update and unlocked the finance sections that were blocked. Unfortunately, it also erased our budget allotments.

Church HQ said that the problem with the Income and Expense Report showing two numbers in brackets will be fixed by another update that will come by the end of the month.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”