A/V Forum

Having a problem with the Forum? Or feedback about the forum? This is the place.
craiggsmith

A/V Forum

Post by craiggsmith »

It would sure be nice to have a general A/V forum here; there are many topics that don't really fit into any of the existing forums.
Craig
South Jordan, UT
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

The forum for topics that do not fit in other forums is the General Discussions forum.

Our procedure for determining whether a new forum is needed is the number of threads started on a topic. Then we discuss it in a moderator forum. I will bring it up for discussion.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
craiggsmith

Post by craiggsmith »

Thanks. It seems many A/V discussions are put into the webcasting forum or one or two others, but it makes it hard to monitor multiple forums for these types of issues. I would think there would be enough discussion but who knows.
Craig
South Jordan, UT
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Post by Mikerowaved »

As the work progresses into new and different areas and leaves other areas/platforms behind, it forces us to try to keep up with a logical structure of forums for users to discuss the topics at hand, without over burdening them with a constantly changing forum structure and/or having to wade through an overwhelming number of forums to find the right one. It's a challenging task that every so often the moderators tackle in a joint effort.

Not so much in A/V, but IMO there are some current forum structures that can stand rethinking, but maybe that's better left for a new thread. I've got some ideas, but not enough time right now to really analyze the whole thing and make a proposal.
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Help with this forum”