Financial side of 3.5

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
wrigjef

Financial side of 3.5

Post by wrigjef »

I'm in one of the last areas to get 3.5 so am coming to the game late with questions. I downloaded it this past Wednesday night and found that after the process that most of my payees no longer had addresses (I had gone in to write checks). I understand part of why this happened (they are the ones that were entered in without linking them to membership numbers). Salt Lake told me that they are aware of the "bug" and will be sending a fix at the end of the month. I found that going under the add/update payees menu, I could edit them to link them to their numbers (although it's not as simple as it should be) and if I do that, the addresses appear. My intention is to do this for the most active payees and wait and see what happens at the end of the month for the others.

My question, as I pass this information on to ward clerks, is does this same thing happen with donors? At the stake level we do not have many member donors. If this is a problem with donors, what would you suggest?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
wrigjef

Post by wrigjef »

RussellHltn wrote:You can find more information in the MLS 3.5 Rollout - Stake experience and what may be missing in the upgrade thread.
Great. It took me searching another thread that was linked off of this one but I finally found what I was looking for where aebrown says "so far only stakes have reported this problem (not wards)."

Return to “Local Unit Finance”