Church Directory of Organizations and Leaders Not Accessible

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
bcapsley1

Church Directory of Organizations and Leaders Not Accessible

Post by bcapsley1 »

Does anyone know why the Church Directory of Organizations and Leaders is down? I have been trying to access it for the last 6 hours. All I get is this message: "503 Service Temporarily Unavailable".

Thanks.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

bcapsley1 wrote:Does anyone know why the Church Directory of Organizations and Leaders is down? I have been trying to access it for the last 6 hours. All I get is this message: "503 Service Temporarily Unavailable".

I just tried it and it worked fine. How are you accessing it?
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

It's working for me just now.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
bcapsley1

Post by bcapsley1 »

aebrown wrote:I just tried it and it worked fine. How are you accessing it?
I access it from the Applications pulldown menu on the Leader's Experience site. I have never had any problem until today.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

bcapsley1 wrote:I access it from the Applications pulldown menu on the Leader's Experience site. I have never had any problem until today.

Interesting. The Applications pulldown uses the link https://cdol.lds.org/cdol/security/sso/login.jsf

I always just go to https://cdol.lds.org

I get the same error you do when I try that first link, but have no troubles with the simpler link. So clearly the site is up and working fine, but it looks like the Applications menu needs to be adjusted for some change that was made in CDOL (or CDOL needs to be fixed to work with that particular link).
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

aebrown wrote:Interesting. The Applications pulldown uses the link https://cdol.lds.org/cdol/security/sso/login.jsf

I always just go to https://cdol.lds.org

I get the same error you do when I try that first link, but have no troubles with the simpler link. So clearly the site is up and working fine, but it looks like the Applications menu needs to be adjusted for some change that was made in CDOL (or CDOL needs to be fixed to work with that particular link).
That link just allows for you to skip the sign in page when you are already signed in to lds.org

I'll see if I can figure out why it isn't working
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

JonesRK wrote:That link just allows for you to skip the sign in page when you are already signed in to lds.org
That link has never taken me directly to CDOL after I have been signed in to LDS.org. I have always had to sign in whether using that link or by typing in the address bar.

Right now that link is working just as it has in the past. I click it after being signed in to LDS.org and it takes me to the sign-in page.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

jdlessley wrote:That link has never taken me directly to CDOL after I have been signed in to LDS.org. I have always had to sign in whether using that link or by typing in the address bar.

Right now that link is working just as it has in the past. I click it after being signed in to LDS.org and it takes me to the sign-in page.
I think your looking at the one in the general header tool menu.
The one with a problem in the leader application sub menu underneath applications.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

You're correct, I had to check each URL after your post to see the difference. Because this thread is dealing with the links in Leader and Clerk Resources and not the link in the general header I moved the thread from the LDS.org forum to the Leader and Clerk Resources forum.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Accessing CDOL through LDS.org

Post by lajackson »

I am unable to access CDOL through LDS.org

I sign in to LDS.org and select Leader Resources. On that page, I hover over Applications, and then select Church Directory of Organizations and Leaders. That link takes me to a Server Not Found Problem Loading page. The error message is that the server at oosp.ldschurch.org cannot be found. I have been able to duplicate this for several weeks now.

My workaround is to go directly to http://cdol.lds.org/ which takes me to the Sign in page and works just fine.

It would be nice if the link on the Leader Resources page could be fixed, however.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”