Mormon Radio Channel automatically starts playing after phone call hang up. iOS6.0.1

Any discussions around the Mormon Radio Channel App on various mobile and electronic devices
jwfree

Mormon Radio Channel automatically starts playing after phone call hang up. iOS6.0.1

Post by jwfree »

If you have been listening to content on the Mormon Radio Channel and pause or exit the app and then take a phone call, at the end of the phone call the content will start playing again. Even if you are on silent mode.

How to duplicate this:
1 - Open Mormon Radio Channel and play some content (I was playing the latest conference).

2- Click the "pause" button (or if you are listening on your headphones just pull the plug). At this point you can put you phone to sleep. Or click the home button. Run another app or whatever. In any event you have stopped the playing and the app is not in "active".

3- Now call your phone. When you hang up the audio will start playing again. Even though your phone is on silent mode.

4- The only way to stop it is to get into the app. Either finding it and tapping it from your screen or double-tapping the home button and selecting the app.

It can be a great missionary tool. I was in a meeting took a call, when I hung up Elder Bednar was talking about testimony and conversion. You can't silence your phone. You have to double-click the home button and force quit the app or go to the app and click "pause". However, if you just pause you are set up to hear again after the next hang up.

This is on an iPhone 4s running iOS6.0.1. However, it appears to be anyone using iOS6+

Note that this happened to Apple's podcast app as well. It appears to come as part of iOS6. They were able to fix theirs with a new download.

It may be an iOS issue but appears to be solvable at the app level as well.

Any suggestions?
kirtkennedy

Post by kirtkennedy »

I'm having the exact same problem on iphone 4 with ios v6.0.1
jwfree

Post by jwfree »

Thanks for the update. It works great now!

Return to “Mormon Radio Channel”