A Stake Calendar is not working

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
RonHansen1

A Stake Calendar is not working

Post by RonHansen1 »

I am the Stake Executive Secretary and have administrator rights.

I set up a Stake Calendar Calendar for two of the Wards in my Stake. They wanted a calendar that they could use to post buildings events between the two wards so that their schedules won't overlap.

I set it up and even identified who could post to it. However, I'm finding that I am the only one who can see the calendar. I can post to it and see it. However, nobody else can see it. Not even the ones I gave authority to. The Stake Clerk can't even bring it up. I did allow the whole Stake to have access to it, but nobody can.

I am getting tired of trying to get this to work. If I don't get success through this forum, then I will call it quits. Thanks to anyone who can help me.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

RonHansen1 wrote:I set up a Stake Calendar Calendar for two of the Wards in my Stake. They wanted a calendar that they could use to post buildings events between the two wards so that their schedules won't overlap.
Unless they want to attend each other's events, that's not the way to do it. The system automatically takes care of conflicting events when you use the "location" information.

I strongly suggest you carefully go over the help file.

Also note that as a Stake person, you have no rights to create Ward calendars - only Stake-level calendars.

I'm not sure why no one else can see the calendar. It's possible they they haven't subscribed to it (they have to go to the subscribe tab). Only then will the calendar appear on the list of check boxes.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
mevans

Post by mevans »

I agree with RussellHltn about using a different approach to achieve this. Please consider a different approach. The calendar is built to make things easier, but you probably need to change the approach you've been using for many years.

However, if you want to continue down your path, try this: Just in case something is messed up with the permissions, create a new stake calendar and give permissions to the entire unit when it's created. Once you've done this, have some others log in and see if they can see the new calendar. If it works, then you know it's possible, and maybe there's a permission problem. If it doesn't work, then there's a different problem.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Note that by default, when you go into the Subscriptions page, you only see ward-level calendar. Since you probably created this is a stake-level, they'd have to move to a different tab before they can subscribe to it.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
RonHansen1

Post by RonHansen1 »

Thanks for your help. I'll see what I can do.

Return to “Calendar”