Map data download

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
bdayley

Post by bdayley »

Stake-wide download is still not working for me, either.

As a work-around, I have considered downloading all the wards individually and manually merging them into a single stake file. Time consuming. If you try this, be sure to remove the "for church use only" footer at the end of each file.

Good luck.
bdayley

Re:

Post by bdayley »

bdayley wrote:I got busy with some other things, and had to leave my map project for a few days. After coming back to it, I am still seeing the same issues as before:
  • my ward seems to display fine
  • when selecting some wards, the boundary will display, but no members
  • when selecting one particular ward, it shows the members, but the boundary of the ward next door
  • when selecting a stake download, all I'm getting is the last ward
  • inconsistent results with different browsers (some wards display properly in Chrome, but not in Firefox)
I tried the suggestion above regarding selecting each ward individually first. This did not resolve the issues.

I am trying to download some stake data for an Emergency Prep function, so I need to figure out how to solve this, just not sure who I should contact. Thanks.
I just logged into LDS Maps for the first time in several months to see how things were going. I really like the printing capability that lets you zoom in and print small areas with matching members lists. But, overall, I still can't use the maps site due to the problems noted above, which I still see. I wish someone could point out a solution for those of us who cannot see all our members. I would like to recommend this to some wards who are making emergency preparedness plans, but can't since it doesn't seem to work.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”