Ward leaders

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
ChristianStromberg

Ward leaders

Post by ChristianStromberg »

Hello,
All our YM and RS leaders are placed correctly in MLS but in lds.org directory they show up in Young Men (president and one councelor) and Young Men presidency (one councelor). Why do they show up i different groups? The same for the Relief Society precidency.
Regards
Christian
lisaan
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by lisaan »

As long as your ward clerk gave these people the correct calling (i.e., he choose one from the list and didn't type it in) in MLS this should show up in the same group in Directory. Please check with your ward clerk to see if everything's correct. Thanks.
QA Engineer
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Verify that the calling is recorded as a standard position and not a custom position.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
mevans

Post by mevans »

The recent MLS 3.5 upgrade may have caused some problems. I didn't do the upgrade in our ward, but I understand there were problems with some callings getting messed up that had to be cleaned up after the upgrade. Check with your ward clerk. Make sure he's aware of the issue. Hopefully it's a quick fix.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

I'm sure you meant to write MLS 3.5 rather than 4.5, correct?
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
mevans

Post by mevans »

We're beta testing 4.5 in our ward ;)

Looks like you caught a typo in my post. I'll go fix it.
ChristianStromberg

Post by ChristianStromberg »

Yes, the positions are standard positions and yes it appeared after the latest upgrade to 3.5
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

The problem is a data inconsistency in CDOL caused by CDOL supporting the new 3.5 data structure, but MLS still being on 3.4.3 :(. We have a script that cleans this up. It should be in production today or tomorrow. Then I can run it for your ward and make sure that it fixes things on lds.org directory
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

I have run this and from what I can see it looks good. Let me know if you see anything.
tetonedge

Post by tetonedge »

I am having the same problem for our ward, after upgrading to 3.5 any changes made in MLS to ward leadership positions are not being updated on the lds.org website.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”